Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide was discovered after a lot of effort and investigations by scientists and biologists both. What came as a result was a molecule which in its oxidized form, offers therapeutic and strong benefits for the body. Moreover, it wards off the age related physiological diseases and the production of senescence cells which promote aging. But how does the molecule achieve this? It targets various pathways which are AP endonuclease and glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase. Moreover, it increases the activity and health of mitochondria as well as repairing the damage of DNA. The oxidative stress, which is the biggest contributor to the notorious process of aging, is also eliminated by activating the Sirtuins genes. No wonder then, lots of new companies are emerging in the market and commercializing this molecule at a large scale. It has the ability to regulate and restore cellular health. Unfortunately, the levels of NAD+ decrease with aging. The consequences of the falling levels of this molecule is given below.
- The brain suffers neurodegeneration
- Muscles undergo lack of resilience and flexibility. They also get fatigued easily and faster. Moreover, the fatty infiltration also occurs which makes the muscles enlarged.
- The vascular system is damaged because of a high amount of inflammation. The blood vessels are impaired which results in a big probability of heart attack and stroke.
- The fats start to produce and deposit in a much faster rate inside the white adipose tissues. Primarily, the stomach is the biggest reservoir for the fats which leads to obesity.
- Insulin resistance occurs due to which cells lose the ability to remove glucose from the bloodstream. This causes a high level of blood sugar and metabolic syndrome.
- Fats also accumulate in the liver. This results in the non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
This is why the levels of NAD+ should be kept at an optimum level to avoid these consequences. Luckily, science has developed a method to increase the amount of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide. This method does not have the need to change the patterns of food intake.
An experiment on NAD+
A test was conducted on two years old mice which had psychological decline. After the administration of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide, the cellular functions and activities started to get similar to the 3 months old mice. The administration of this molecule is also given to the humans in order to treat the damage caused by drug abuse and alcoholic consumption.
Rejuvenation by NAD+
NAD+ is frequently used in treatments due to the overall health benefits. The skin is made fairer and the texture is smoothened out. Moreover, it is also incorporated in the cosmetic industry in order to enhance the skin cellular energy. The energy of the aged cell is made similar to a young cell which leads to better and improved skin. This is why this molecule is extensively used in anti-aging supplement. You can see such products at Alivebyscience.com Renue and Alivebyscience.com NAD+. Another benefit of Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide is the conversation of daily dietary intake into the useful cellular energy. This is why it is so important for the metabolism of individual cells.